Pope Francis shared his monthly prayer intention video for March, that the Church in China may persevere and remain Faithful.
Pope Francis’ Worldwide Prayer Network of the Apostleship of Prayer developed “The Pope Video” initiative in 2016 as a way to spread the Holy Father’s monthly prayer intentions on the challenges humanity faces in a video based format.
For the month of March, Pope Francis shared his prayer intention that “the Church in China may persevere in its faithfulness to the Gospel and grow in unity.”
Pope Francis has accompanied his video with an official prayer so you can pray for his monthly intention:
“Lord Jesus Christ,
who sent your disciples to bring the Good News to the whole world,
inspire our brothers and sisters who follow you in this great country, China.
May your Spirit lead those responsible in the Church to hold in their hearts the desire for dialogue, openness, peace, and reconciliation.
This month, we commit ourselves to be more united to our brothers and sisters in China who,
through many difficulties,
believe in you and profess your Name.
May your Love be for each one of them their strength and their joy.
Accompanied with the Holy Father’s intention are his proposals for the month of March:
If you do not live in China:
- Try to understand and know the reality of the Church in China, its history, its political and religious situation.
- Organize, in your own community, a moment of prayer to pray for the Catholic of China and also for all Christians who, throughout the world, experience limits to their religious freedom.
- Try to maintain, as much as possible, some encounters with the Chinese community in the places where you live, seeking to know its customs, traditions and cultural richness, favoring a climate of fraternity and welcome.
If you live in China:
- Read the parable of the Good Samaritan and imagine that the man on the way is the Church in need of reconciliation. Think about what it means that Jesus, instead of judging her, approaches her, heals her and places her on his own mount.
- Organize, in your community, a prayer asking God for the gift of reconciliation and unity of all Catholic and, in particular, to pour out the oil of comfort and the wine of hope over the wounds and divisions of the past.
- At the end of a community prayer, propose to your community, together with other Catholic, to plant a tree, asking God to make flourish the desire for a united and fraternal Church that praises him and serves him in a common house.
Read below the full prayer intention of Pope Francis, and watch “The Pope Video” for March:
“Today, the Church in China looks to the future with hope.
The Church wants Chinese Christians to be truly Christians, and to be good citizens.
They should promote the Gospel, but without engaging in proselytism, and they need to achieve the unity of the divided Catholic community.
Let us pray together that the Church in China may persevere in its faithfulness to the Gospel and grow in unity.